Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Autumn!



I'm ready for cooler weather, apple cider, Halloween, and pumpkin-spice candles burning in my house!

It's a rainy day here at Slipper Moon,

and the little ground spider probably won't have much luck snaring a meal in this web of diamonds! You can see its little funnel in the upper right corner of the photo, but the spider was deep beneath the grass and leaves -- out of the wet!

My garden spiders are busy spinning webs despite the rain. They're especially fond of the space between my hummingbird feeders and a nearby shrub.

I think it's beautiful, don't you?

But I'm not as intrepid as the spiders, and I think Buster and I will remain indoors the rest of this wet day.

Have a blessed day, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos, we don't have a traditional autumn here, so it is nice to see, and love the spider.

    ReplyDelete